We all need solid strategies to cope with this quarantine! It’s not going away anytime soon. Our methods may differ one from another, but some can have very common themes and application.
There are a lot of things we must do to live well at this time, so queue up your creativity to see the miraculous and mentionable amongst the mundane.
"I hope, above all, that you approach this competition with that disciplined and focused attitude which helps to form every person and which can teach order, loyalty and respect for people and laws as well as being a training ground for building strength and dignified behavior.”
Look just a little deeper into what you’re doing today and find a way to rewire the rituals so that being home, safe and healthy with your crew is more attractive than anything you could go do.
Let us unite more closely with the suffering body of Christ at this time,
Want to solidify your lifestyle of faithfulness and wholesome living?
Join me to learn how to grow Faith, Fitness and Food into a thriving and holy tension in your life! Chat with me about it HERE: (www.fitcatholicmom.com/talk)
"Rebecca is a diligent coach and I've learned so much through her expertise in forming great daily habits in faith, fitness and food that shape good self care! Thank you Rebecca for showing me how to shine and move as a mother of many!"
Josephine - Australia
I'm still surprised when women complain of boredom or live knowing that they piddle their precious time away by just settling with who they’ve become…
Truth is, in a time like this, I've never been busier.
I don't see this shutdown as a time to rest and relax, and you shouldn't either.
Now more than ever you have time to make new opportunities, craft your future and to secure and things in your path headed downhill that you need to reroute to the uphill.
Rather than gluing your face to seductive time traps, sleeping in, Netflix or Facebook to name just three, get a list of productive, life-changing moves to make in the days ahead:
1. Create a list of things to buy which enhance your life. Have you put off buying new religious items, gym props, health foods and tools just because you've been caught not living your ideal for way to long? Refocus and remember the best time to act is when no one else is.
2. Get your home and relationship affairs in order. Update your will, write your parents that letter, share your secrets, ask for forgiveness, turn your life's page. Not because a virus is running you down, but because this has always been the right thing to do…do it while there’s time.
3. Refine your goals, vision, and values. There's nothing like a really good shake down to sort out what actually matters in life. Use this time to become clearer than ever on what direction this life is taking you.
4. Pare down. Go through your clutter in home or heart. Decide which things are causing you to bleed the slow death. Get real with yourself about what you do and don't use and what isn’t truly life enhancing. Make it spring-cleaning on steroids so you come out leaner and meaner on the other side of this.
5. Poke holes in your plans. You are still not as prepared as you could be. Look at all the levers of your existence and decide which ones you need to pull to be more independent and which strategy makes you deeply connected within your web of support.
8. Purge your activities. This has largely been done for us, but decide as a family that’s you’ll never have a better opportunity than this to re-forge your family's path and culture.
9. Get a handle on your health. This is a great season to return to your more agile and adaptable self through sport. Not only is your health one of your prime assets, but your family and community needs the best of you, so bring it! Eat more grass-fed natural meats, grow veggies, cut back on all things sugar and processed foods, exercise regularly, drink more water, and get more sleep. Pray, pray and pray some more.
10. Start your passion project. You keep telling yourself you'll write the novel, record the song, paint the picture, become pregnant or renew deeply your marriage so it lasts. Well, God has given the means NOW by his mercy.
YOU are NOT on shutdown...so get on it!
Much love to you and your family,
Want to talk specifics? I’d make the time anyway to chat about your personal challenge and help you forge the path forward. Book that free chat right here.
Build your bridge over troubled waters today!